Friday, November 1, 2013

Week 3... JAX Beaches

Hey ya'll!!! :)
Soo week two in Jacksonville has been quite lovely! The weather has cooled down a bunch.. (But not too much) and the humidity has calmed down too! Soo it's like a perfect 75 degrees everyday. *sigh* I love it. :)
So remember when I was like... "We have no investigators, that’s sad"? Haha... welllll that night Sis J and I went tracting and we ran into the "C's", cutest family. Ever. They are Hispanic and have a 16 year old boy and a 14 year old girl and a mom and dad! AND THEY LET US COME INSIDE. It was the best!! I was so used to people saying "not interested" or "never come back" but the Dad just let us right in! The mom was a little like... "Ummmm honey... why are you letting the strange sister missionaries in.." But that’s okay! He started talking right away and told us he was Catholic but had some doubts but he believed in Christ and he wanted a good life for his children. His biggest question was how to stay away from all the temptations the world has and how you can be happy. And Sis J and I were all... "Welllllllllll.... let us tell you..." haha. IT WAS AMAZING. Sharing the gospel is sooo cool!! The Lord really led us to them. It was amazing. We taught them the restoration and the spirit was soo strong. I got the impression that I needed to talk to the kids how Christ will always be there for them even when they are feeling incredibly alone. (i guess they don't have a lot of friends cause they are "goodie goodies") I did and the boy got all teary eyed and the girl did too and just AHHH the spirit is just amazing and it works miracles! I will never ever forget the look in their eyes as I bore my testimony to them. They were full of hope!! It makes me emotional just thinking about it. But I knooowwww these kids need the gospel!!! So they said they would read the Book of Mormon and pray! The kids said their own little prayers and they were the sweetest things I have ever heard. It's crazy... I love them so much. And I've only met with them once. IF ONLY THEY KNEW HOW INVESTED I WAS!! They would probably be creeped out.. Whatevs. Haha. All that said, we can't teach them for another 2 weeks. *cry*. The mom is going to school and has a bunch of tests and Dad has work and kids have school etc. etc. etc.. but they did invite us back in 2 Thurs!!! Hooray!! I am SOOO excited to teach them again! We have been leaving little sticky notes on their door inviting them to church and inviting the kids to mutual and we talked to the Dad briefly and he said he really appreciates it!! Yay!!! Annnnnd those are our only gators! (investigators...gators...alligators...Florida...get it?? hahaha) So since we cant see them for 2 weeks we are stuck trying to find more people. Which is hard. Buuuut that's ok!! Hard is good!! There are lots of creepy shirtless men. And angry retired veterans who are not interested in family history and ya!

OH. hahaha. K. Sis J and I were tracting and we went to this house which seemed harmless and this guy answered and he was nice and we asked if we could say a prayer on his door step.. So, we did. It was great. When we finished he told us to step back... so we did.. Then he pulled out a knife.. Then I peed a l’il... and then he reached under his door mat and cut the head off of a coral snake that was inches away from us. No biggie really. SATAN WAS TRYING TO GET US. Haha. Nah, but it was really creepy because the snake kinda just wiggled there and bled everywhere. He apologized and said he needed to fix his dishwasher and Sis J and I just walked away very confused and very disturbed. haha. Florida is fuuun. ;) Frogs are super cute here. Except when they are smashed into the road. Then they aren't that cute. haha. 
Okkkkaayy!! Back on track!!! Soo.. I had a really bad case of the grumpies on Tues-Thurs... It was like.. Miserable for some reason. I was really discouraged. And it was making me frustrated that I didn't know why!! I prayed and prayed to feel better but nothing was helping. Sis J tried to help, she put in a techno primary CD with a bunch of screechy auto tuned sounding kids and I thought I was going to die. Like. I had a mental image of me holding a bat and hitting the CD player with it. hahaha. It was quite comical though. So when I went inside... I went to the only place where I could be alone (the bathroom... how classy?) And I just cried and prayed and cried some more. It was AWESOME. I call it an Enos wrestle. You pray and pray and pray and just listen and write down every thought you have after your pray! So I did. And I was immediately comforted and strengthened. How great is the spirit? I mean seriously... I can do anything and I am so thankful for it! After I was done flooding the bathroom.. (with tears..) my wonderful sister training leaders gave me a talk called the 4th missionary. Which if you haven't read it... you need to. It has changed my life. It talks about 4 different missionaries. One being disobedient and ends up going home and the second one lies his way through his mission and the 3rd one is obedient and tries to do his best but his heart isn't in it and he secretly would rather be doing other things. The 4th missionary is the missionary who gives his will to the Lord. Who gives his WHOLE self to the Lord and to this work. It talked about how if we give ourselves to the Lord he will make our weaknesses strong and he will mold us into the missionary he wants us to be. I was like being all prideful and like.. pssh.. That’s scary! What if I don't like who I become! Then I read this: "Trust him that he will make of you immeasurably more than what you will ever, ever, in all eternity, make of yourself. He will create of you a masterpiece. You will create of you only a smudge. You will create an ordinary man. He will create a God." Words cannot even describe how hard this hit me. I was so filled with the spirit and I could just feel God there telling me that everything was going to be okay and that I was doing great. Goodness, this gospel... is amazing. I know that if you give the Lord your heart.. He will never break it and he will help you grow to your full potential. Heavenly Father answers prayers!!

BAH! THE GOSPEL IS JUST SO GOOD!!!

Anywho, that's my emotional soapbox of the week. Haha. So I guess the ward has been praying for years to get sister missionaries. Annnd then Sis J and I show up. They have such a strong desire to do missionary work and it is just awesome! I love them all soo so so so much!! :) Well, I am about out of time!! Just know that I love you all so much and I am so thankful for your loves and support!! You have no idea the strength you give me throughout my week! As they say in the south... Have a blessed week! ;) I love ya'll!
Love, Sister Chamberlain




A member from the ward sent these fun Ward Halloween Party pictures

No comments:

Post a Comment