Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Week 5... Jax Beaches

HI FAMILY!!! :)

It's amazing how able I am to focus out here. I thought I would struggle because of my a.d.d. but the Lord has certainly blessed me. I am like a pro focus-er... I am so good at focusing it is scaring me. Isn't that funny? It's weird to open up my email and to think... OH. All these things DO exist!!! They aren't just dreams! haha. That said, this week has been sooo great. I can feel your prayers! Sis J and I got along just swimmingly this week and I just love her to death. It's interesting how the relationships you have to work the most for are the ones that are most dear to you. I have found that to be true with her! I have come to appreciate our differences and just loooove her. It's great. :)  My companion tells me she's never opened up to annnnyyyone like she has to me and she feels such a strong connection with me. Wow.  It's nice to know she feels that way :)

So we visited a really sick lady in the hospital this past week and it was like Dad allll over again. Talk about post-traumatic stress. haha. The ICU... the smells.. the noises..  She too had all sorts of wirage coming out of her and tubes coming out everywhere and even had a batman voice juuust like Dad's. You could tell she wanted to go home and she was so frustrated she couldn't communicate with us. I didn't know if she was a member or not or annnything. But it is so interesting.. because of that experience with Dad.. I was able to connect with her in a way that not a lot of people can. I knew how important it was to Dad to just BE there... our presence comforted him. Heavenly Father has given me this amazing gift to sympathize with people and when I was in that room... it was so cool.. I understood how she felt. How frustrated she was and how much pain she was in. I just sat there and cried with her and told her everything was going to be okay and that she was in the Lord's hands. It was then she whispered (in her batman voice which I could barely understand..) "I'm so glad I joined the Church" and I said "me too" and just cried. It was very tender and I knoowww I wouldn't have been able to have that experience if I hadn't gone through what I did with Dad. So Dad.. Thank you! haha. I love you so much :)

My sister training leader and I went on splits and that was sooo cool!!! I LEARNED SO MUCH. This week has really been so amazing. I taught my first lesson to a woman named Natalie and invited her to be baptized and she said YES. No biggie. But it really had nothing to do with me and more to do with the spirit that was in that room. IT was amazing!!!!

The "C" family... *sigh*. We taught the plan of salvation to half the family because the others weren't interested in joining, but at the end they said "it's all very interesting but we have our own religion"

;ALKDJSFA;JGALKJGAL;KJALKFJGA;LKJG;LADKJF How frustrating?!?!?!?!

Oh well. It's alll in the Lord's time. :) I feel good about it though.

It's interesting how that experience with Casey both haunts me and helps me out here. Sometimes it's hard to do missionary work because it brings back a lot of those memories of teaching Casey the gospel and being so excited only to have him reject it in the end. I remember that feeling of "I can't do this... I can't do this..." I had an epiphany the other day... I thought “I am doing this" I have come so far!!! I am so grateful I get to continue to teach the gospel to the people here.

My ward is still amazing. Look up little talks Maughan family on YouTube. That’s my bishop. But it is so humbling to be out here and know that the Lord has trusted me with this ward.

Umm....I’m trying to think of anything else... I can't think of anything.. I have so much to write but am running out of time!


 I'm sooo thankful for my family. I love you so much. This week I realized that most of my testimony stems from my love for ya'll. I am so blessed to have you as my family. Goodness words do not even describe. Thank you for all your support! Have a blessed weeeeek!!! :) :)

Love,
Sister Chamberlain :)  



No comments:

Post a Comment