Thursday, August 7, 2014

Week 43... Mandarin 1st Ward






President and Sister Craig and I at the Orlando Temple

Hey y'all !!!

So I will try really hard to make this email not lame. Like the last couple of weeks has been... Haha.

This week I had the wonderful opportunity to attend the temple!! :) it was incredible and the spirit there is so strong. One of my favorite things about the temple is the spirit. That the moment you step through the doors all your worries literally melt away and you are just left with peace and the love of God. The temple is truly such an incredible blessing. I sat there and pondered about the blessings of the temple and the amazing blessing of being able to be sealed to our families for all time and eternity there. There is no sweeter blessing. Heaven won't be heaven without my family!! I am so grateful that we have this blessing available to us. I was able to receive a lot of really wonderful answers to prayers while there and overall it was just a wonderful experience. The Orlando temple was beautiful!! I wanted to stay there all day. I was able to go with the missionaries I came out with and some that are going home and it was so cool to share that experience with them!! It was a lot of fun and spiritually very uplifting. It makes missionary work that much sweeter when you realize that you get to share this wonderful message that will help people prepare to go to the temple!!! Man, I love the gospel so much!!!

What else happened this week...OH! Transfers. I am staying in Mandarin!!! With Sister Carlson! I will literally be the death of her!! Haha!!! She goes home this transfer. Which is beyond depressing. Buuuut, I try not to think about it! Haha.

We were able to find a lot of really good potential investigators this week!!! One night it was about 8:45 p.m. and we talked to this guy named John and he was extremely interested in the Book of Mormon because he saw a program on discovery channel that talks about how they are finding European remnants in middle America! So that got him interested. Thank you modern television for promoting the Book of Mormon. :) He said he was gonna come to church! He didn't.. THAT’S OKAY! Next week for sure. :) We had a random former investigator call us and announce that he was coming to church. That was such a miracle!!!! So cool.. Granted, he didn't come. . . BUT THAT’S OKAY BECAUSE AT LEAST HE’S THINKING ABOUT IT. :D

I really enjoy biking in the rain, in the humid rain. You can't tell if it's rain or sweat that's drenching you! I got sick with a stomach bug. That was yucky. But I got over it. Yay!!!
 
We have been teaching someone on Facebook for a couple of weeks now and she has a baptismal date for Aug. 16th!!! It's so cool. She is from Canada! Technology is truly amazing. Facebook was invented so we could share the gospel to the 4 corners of the earth. Speaking of which!!! There is another event going online! This time it's called "I follow him" if you can please join the event and invite all your friends to share why they follow him. This is a wonderful opportunity to share your testimony of the Savior and why you follow him. :)

For my personal studies I’ve started the Book of Mormon over and this time I am going through and highlighting every time it makes a reference to the Savior! It's been so enlightening!! It references every 1.7 verses. Isn't that amazing? I know the Book of Mormon is true with my whole heart!!! It truly testifies of Christ in his fullness. I was reading about Lehi’s dream and I loved this verse:

12 And as I partook of the fruit thereof it filled my soul with exceedingly great joy; wherefore, I began to be desirous that my family should partake of it also; for I knew that it was desirable above all other fruit.
1 Nephi 8:12

“exceedingly great joy”. That's what this gospel brings. It is thee most desirable thing because we get to enjoy it with our family as well. This gospel blesses families so incredibly much!! It has blessed mine beyond words and I'm so thankful that my family has a foundation of Christ and that I have the hope and faith that I will spend eternity with them. :)

This church is true! I know it with my whole heart! :)

Have a blessed week :) I love you all so much!!

Ooey gooey loves, 

Sister Chamberlain :)

Orlando Mission Group




MTC Sisters

Sisters with new convert!

Lunch with the Sisters

No comments:

Post a Comment