Monday, August 25, 2014

Week 46... Mandarin 1st Ward



Jesus pictures and spiders... 


 Hello everyone!!! :))

I hope everyone has had a wonderful week! A marvelous week! Superb even! :D

My week was ridiculously slow!!! Woohoo woo!!!! Yaaaah!!!

Yeah. Some weeks are like that. Sister Carlson was sick allllllll week. So I studied a lot!! Yay for studying! It was nice. Actually. I sorta went crazy cause I can only sit for so long. . .  By myself........

BUT ALL IS WELL!!!

The whole week was good. We had a lot of little miracles. LIKE! We finally contacted this woman we've been trying for a while who was interested in family history and that was awesome. She is really interested in finding out more about her ancestors. We go over there and we find out that all of her mom’s side (except her mom) is Mormon!!!! Whoa! Cool stuff. I could just see her ancestors on the other side rejoicing that we had found her so she could find them.

We also had zone conference this week!!! That was soo wonderful!! We talked all about becoming more Christ like missionaries and developing more Christ like attributes. I really enjoyed it! I loved seeing all the missionaries that I have served with! Seriously so much fun. Pictures to come!! My blessed companion bore her testimony cause it's her last one. *cries all the tears* and that was really good. I saw Sister Joseph which was awesome!! Because I love her immensely. So all in all, it was good! And then we had dinner with the wonderful Tara a new recent convert!!! I love her. I LOVE EVERYONE HERE. ..so... Much... Looove.. She fed us gumbo. It is the first time I've ever had gumbo. It. Was. Awesome.

Mandarin Zone August 2014

I will tell you what... Southern cookin... So. Good. I'll be cookin that for the rest of my life. (Granted, I'll probably be 400 lbs... BUT WHO EVEN CARES!!!!:D) I also had collard greens this week! They were.. Weird. But good!!!! And ... I had a dish called hoppin johns!!! That was awesome. And then... One of the members thought it would be funny to feed me a spoon full of ghost pepper juice.
....
.....

Yeah. I'm pretty sure I have 12 ulcers now. No biggie. My esophagus hardly exists!! ITS GREAT! It was actually pretty good until I put it in my mouth.


Uhh... What else happened.
OH. Let's talk about the bugs and the weather. So I've had a couple of incidents with spiders as I think I have mentioned in previous emails. Well, they continue to happen.

The other day I was cheerfully pouring myself a bowl of cheerios and I turn my face and 2 inches from my face was a spider dangling from the ceiling. DANGLING. It DESCENDED UPON ME LIKE A HAWK. I screamed uncontrollably and grabbed the closest thing I could find, which just so happened to be a frying pan.. I swung it around like a mad woman until I EXTERMINATED IT. ..then cried a lil cause I felt bad..

And then!
Last night.

I hear sister Carlson scream. (She does this often so I just assume she is having a moment) Well, I walk in and there is this burly spider chillin’ on our ceiling right above Sister Carlson’s beds. She thinks it's a good idea to sweep it off the ceiling onto the floor and then to kill it.

Yeah...

Well it was a good idea until she LAUNCHES THE SPIDER RIGHT AT ME. I'm standing there watching this spider being flung at me and my mission flashes before my eyes. It then hits the fan (to which I think I'm safe) but no.. The fan just added to the velocity of its flight and it soon made a landing RIGHT ON MY BODY. To which I start screaming and running around like a chicken with its head cut off.

After I gather my wits I quickly locate the little vermin and AND I KILL IT. No. Actually I put a cup over the top of it. Named it Charles and put it out on the counter as a pet. And trophy.  Those are my experiences with spiders this week!!! Wooo!!  They either hate me... Or really really love me.

The Facebook event where you post pictures of Christ went wonderful!!! If any of you haven't done it I strongly encourage you to!!! Thanks!  :) 
I follow him!

So the gospel makes me ridiculously happy. :)

I came out on my mission to spread hope to everyone. I came out here to save souls and to bring people unto Christ. Little did I know that I was going to gain all those things myself. The phrase "the most important person you convert on your mission is yourself" is true. My Heavenly a father has blessed me so much!! I love being a missionary.  :)

Thank you all for everything! Take care and have a blessed week! :)

Sister Chamberlain


with Sister Carlson
 Mandarin Zone Sisters
MTC Sister reunion

























































No comments:

Post a Comment