Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Week 62... Lake Butler



Hey Ya’ll!

This week was quite lovely. Lovely indeed! All of the lovelies! It was also a blur of which I can't remember much. Hooray for memory problems! 

I'll just touch on the big moments!

We finally contacted a referral we got from a member. And it just so happened to be a family of five and they just so happened to become new investigators and God just happens to be a God of Miracles! They are the nicest family I've ever met! Yay!! But, really. It was such a miracle. Our teaching pool hasn't changed much and we have been praying really really hard to find a family of 5 since I’ve gotten to this area. And we found them!!! Hallelujah!  So that was great.

On Friday Sister C, who is a recent widow said she needed help burning some things. Best. Day. Ever. >:) she got a l’il carried away with the lighter fluid and we almost burnt her lawn down. and her house. Ha-ha. But we had a wee little hose! And we saved it! Yay!! It was wonderful though and we had a grand ole time with her. I love her SO much. She says things like "bring a jacket or you'll freeze your bunnies off" and "ladies!! (Referring to her cows) get your little beef butts over here!" I just love her. She reminds me of my momma!!! It's the best.

We did service at the library this week and met Santa Claus. That was pretty sweet! This week we also had the relief society progressive dinner! That was a lot of fun. We had a lot of non-members and less actives show up. Blessings! If y'all haven't seen the new Christmas Mormon message you definitely need to watch it!! It's amazing!! :)

On one day we helped a family move! They weren't members so it was a good opportunity to share the gospel. We are going back to visit them this week! It's amazing to see how service softens people's hearts. :)

This week we also made old fashion candy and fudge with one of the members for us to deliver to people we are visiting! It was a lot of fun. We did it with Sister G. Who is the most...interesting lady you will ever meet. I love her ha-ha.

We have done a lot of Christmas service which is the best!! I LOVE CHRISTMAS SERVICE. It just makes you feel so good. I love being a missionary during Christmas. It is the best time of year to be a missionary!

I've been thinking a lot about the worth of a soul. As a missionary you think about that kind of stuff a lot. My favorite scripture in the Doctrine and Covenants is D&C 18:10 "the worth of souls is great in the sight of God" but as I was thinking this week I thought to myself. Define great? What is great? I was trying to put some numerical value to it. Well, as I read on in the scripture it tells you exactly how "great" one soul is worth. "For, behold, the Lord your Redeemer suffered death in the flesh; wherefore he suffered the pain of all men, that all men might repent and come unto him. And he hath risen again from the dead, that he might bring all men unto him, on conditions of repentance."D&C 18:11-12. That is the price of one soul. Of your soul. God himself came down and died so that we could repent and be forgiven of our sons and ultimately gain eternal life. That is what a soul is worth. Jesus Christ died for you individually. He paid for your sins individually.
He saw you and he saw how much you were worth and did it for you. Because of His great love.. We are all able to return home to live with Him and our Heavenly Father. So what is the worth of a soul? Priceless.  So for all of you who are having a low self-confidence moment.. Remember the worth of your soul is GREAT. :)

I love y'all so much. I hope that you take a long moment to ponder the greatest gift we have received, the one of our Savior. He truly is our greatest gift. :)  I love this gospel with my whole heart and I know without a shadow of a doubt that Jesus Christ himself stands at the head of this church.  What a wonderful time of the year!! :)

Have a glorious week!! Keep smiling my friends! :)

Love,
Sister Chamberlain :)

Happy Christmas 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment