Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Week 63... Lake Butler



Top of Form

Merry Christmas! *<[:o{)




Hello, Hello, Hello!!!

This week was wonderful!  At the beginning of the week we got to teach the D family!! They are a family of five and I loooove them SO MUCH. They are so nice and have such a strong desire to get back into church. And they live right next to the church. It's just perfect. So we had a really wonderful lesson with them and invited them to come to mutual and they came!!!! They had a wonderful time!! It was the Christmas progressive dinner so it was with all the youth and they shared the Christmas Mormon message and at the end little Alex said.. "Can we come to church?" Uhh.. Pssh.. YES. YOU CAN. Miracles. Are real!!! They will be out of town for Christmas but as soon as they get back we will get them! :)

We are teaching a really nice kid named Thomas! We taught him the first lesson and he committed to be baptized! Solid!!! He is very sincere. It is wonderfully refreshing!!!

CHRISTMAS MIRACLES!!  *cue choirs of heavenly angels*

And then I got sick. The end. Hahaha. I don't know why but I ALWAYS get sick the week before Christmas. The fluuuuu. Ewwwwww. Snot. Everywhere. Very messy. So that's been super lame. Nobody wants to get sick before Christmas so no one will let us in and then I got quarantined to the trailer. Twas the worst. Haha. I'm still feeling nasty yucky flu...y? It's now day 5. Hopefully it will be gone before Christmas!!

Yesterday I wanted to go caroling! I told Sis D. "I want to go caroling" and she said "Sister.. You’re sick. It's raining. It's dark. And there are only two of us." And I said ... "SO WHAT?! TROLOLOLOL!!!*' So, we went caroling, even though it practically killed Sis D. She still came with me. (Cause she's the best) We met A lot of mean people that didn't want to be caroled to, that confused me... But that's okay! Trial of faith before the miracle! After trying all the Scrooges... We finally found the family that needed to!! An older couple with their 2 sons. And the dad couldn't go to church today because he just had surgery...  So we sang! I sang through phlegm and sniffles and cracks in my voice a pretty pathetic version of "Away in a Manger" but when we were finished singing the mom said "Wow... Y'all sounded like angels.. Thank you" and they all just sat there and smiled at is. it about made me cry. It felt so good to bring the spirit into their little home that night. :) ANNND they want us to come back. Score!

On Sunday we were able to help out with a toy drive for the local families who can't provide a Christmas for their families. That brought back many tender feelings of mysterious boxes appearing on my doorstep full of presents for my family. This was such a wonderful way to pay it forward. We are also handing out Christmas chickens to families in need!! This is truly the best time of the year. :)

I'm excited for the miracles that will happen this next week. I love being a missionary around Christmas time. There is nothing else like it in the world. :)

The best gift you can re-gift is the gift of our Savior. :)

Merry Christmas everyone!!! I love you all. :)

Love,

Sister Chamberlain

Uhhhhh...?

We three Sisters of FJM are. 



No comments:

Post a Comment