Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Week 8... JAX Beaches

HELLLOOOO :)
SO. I have finished yet another week in the mission. And today is the 2nd of December which means I've been out here officially 2 months. 

*panic*

I swear I say this in every email... buuut.. WHERE IN THE WORLD IS THE TIME GOING?! IS SOMEONE STEALING IT CAUSE IF YOU ARE CALM DOWN. I HAVE FLORIDA TO CONVERT HERE.

Ok.
So I have a bunch to talk about this week and like... .5 seconds to tell you allll sooo... *cuecrazyinforvomiting*
-I went to the zoo. I saw animals. They were cool. N stuff.
-Anteaters. Are. So. Cute. I know what I want for Christmas :)

-It's been cold here. COLD! I DON'T UNDERSTAND.
-I need to calm down on the caps.
-Okay! Thanksgiving! I hope ya'll had a lovely thanksgiving!!! Mine was sooo great! :) We had dinner at the Buffets. Which was great. And I think I gained about 300 lbs. Which was also great. After that we visited Natalie our investigator! That was amazing cause she gained a testimony of the Book of Mormon. NO BIGGIE. It was amazing and she is progressing so much!!!! She lives in the ghetto. Which is slightly terrifying. Only slightly. Natalie was telling us how people get shot and stabbed and kidnapped all the time.... *gulp*. The Lord watches over his sister missionaries. So fret not!! :) After that we went to the P family's. To their 7 million dollar house. It is a freaking CASTLE. Complete with secret rooms and hallways. They had a tee pee and a fire and we roasted marshmallows and drank hot chocolate! It was sooo cool!!! So we went from the ghetto to freaking Beverly Hills within an hour. haha. It was great. ;) After we went to the M family's. I love the M's. They are like my family and going there made me think of my family cause all we did was laugh and laugh and laugh. It was sooo nice!! I didn't feel homesick at all! Which was really nice. So thanksgiving = amazing :)
-I guess I had too much pie.. or something cause the next day I got the mother of all migraines. I had to stay in cause I was pretty demobilized. I never understood why missionaries felt so bad staying in if they were sick. Now I know. It was awful!!! Anywho. I'm feeling much better ;) That night whilest laying there in pain Sis J decided to tell me about some of the novels she liked to read while she was home! It was great!!! 4 HOURS LATER. hahaha. She talked for 4 hours. It was really hilarious. I was too dead to say anything except "uhh huh... yep... mmhmmm.." Bless her heart. haha.
-I had my first interview with President Craig! It was great. I love him. The end.
-The elders had a baptism this past Saturday that we got to go see!!! It was so cool! The church is true.
-OK. So this Sunday was named miracle Sunday. Soooo many cool things happened!!! First off, Natalie came to church!!! FINALLY!!! PRAISE THE HEAVENS SHE FINALLY CAME!!!! And she absolutely loooved it! She cried throughout the whole thing and kept saying how blessed she was. It was so sweet! She bore her testimony in RS and is just amazing. I looove being a missionary for this reason. She looks soo happy. She just glows. It is the most beautiful I think I've ever seen. And then... After RS this non member lady came up to sister J and I and asked us if we were on the beach this past summer... we were confused and said no... and she just starts crying!!! She then goes on to explain that 2 young women who looked similar to us walked up to her and taught her the most amazing message and then they left! When the lady looked to see where they had walked to... they were gone. No one was on the beach. She said when she saw sister J and I in the church she knew this was where God wanted her to be. Apparently she just walked into the church and we just happened to be there having sacrament! It was soo incredible. I have no words for how I felt at that time. The Lord really is preparing people. Angels are literally preparing people. How cool?? Moroni 7:22 explains it perfectly!! So we are teaching her this Wednesday! It was a day of miracles for sure :) The church is soooo true. It's incredible. I love being a missionary. Best. Job. Ever.
-Sooooo today guess what I did??? A lady in my ward loves to fossil hunt on the beach...... >:) We totally got permission from the mission president to go on the beach. MUAHAHAHA!!!! I have gone where no missionary has gone before!!! IT WAS THE BEST DAY OF MY LIIIIFE. K... maybe not. But pretty dang close. I got to play in the sand and find some really really cool shells and shark teeth and touch the water and and and and and *EXPLODES WITH FLAWLESS MERRIMENT* (haha.. Savanah..) Anywho. I love the beach. It's so great. *cries*
-Annnnnd thats basically it!!!!!!!!
-Missionary work is so amazing. Even though some days are long... the days where you can tell you are changing lives make it all worth it. We run into a lot of "broken vessels" and when you can fill those hole and scars with the light of Christ... well, there isn't much that can compare to that. :) It's truly amazing and this is the Lord's work! Thanks for all your love!!! I appreciate it so much!!! :) I hope ya'll have a lovely week!
-Lots of ooey gooey love, Sister Chamberlain : )

No comments:

Post a Comment