Monday, June 16, 2014

Week 36... Mandarin 1st Ward








 Well hello there! Greetin’s from da Sunshine State!! :)

This week was a pretty radical week!!!

Last Monday I was rushed on emails because Sis P and I spent the day at the lovely sister hales house while she sewed my skirts back together that had been ripped from riding my bike... Haha. So that was really nice!!!

That night we had two dinner appointments! That is always super fun, Haha!!! We randomly got called by Kym’s friend, Ken, to have us over for dinner!! Ken and Chris live together and they are chefs together! So naturally the food was awesome. Ken is gay but doesn't support gay marriage. Or any marriage for that matter cause he has seen too much infidelity. It was a very interesting conversation to say the least! But oh my goodness, the food was fantastic!!! And he was one of the nicest people I have ever met. He'll be baptized one day. Haha.

On Tuesday we went over and visited this lady named Dixie!! She is a super sweet old lady who is very lonely and she has a terrible memory. I'm surprised she still remembers who we are. Haha. She was complaining that she never went out anymore and she was really hungry. She had no food she wanted to eat and she hadn't eaten in forever. I felt super bad for her so I got the wise idea to walk to McDonald's with her and buy her lunch!! She would get out of her house and have food!!! Hooray!!! McDonald's was really close. So Dixie got really excited and put her nice clothes on and her makeup and we were on our way!! Well, I suppose I over estimated how strong she was because we walked like 50 feet and she was already tired. She insisted we should keep going. Even though it was 1000 degrees outside and she had her favorite long sleeved flannel blouse on... We finally made it to Mickey D's! She was happy to be there and it was nice to see that. The trek home was… Interesting. She was suuuuper tired and her leg was hurting her a lot. "I'm going to kill her... Oh my heavens. I'm going to kill sweet old Dixie because I had the smart idea to walk to McDonald's in the 1848294 degree weather with her to get her some food" I thought to myself multiple times. The last 50 ft. or so she was holding on to both of us moving at a snail like pace while we sang her primary songs to motivate her that she could make it to her door. I'm sure it was quite the scene. I'm also sure people around us thought we were heathens for making her go outside in such awful heat. BUT she made it! Through the grace of God she made it!!!! She was very grateful and happy we took her out. So I suppose that makes up for the rest. Right??

We are still trying to teach James and Amanda! I say trying because Amanda is still pretty antied and doesn't want anything to do with us. James on the other hand is the sweetest guy ever who knows the church is true, and wants to be together with Amanda forever, but he won't do anything without her. The last time we went over there they were arguing and he said to come back tomorrow. He said he thinks she is going to divorce him and he was so heartbroken!! It's really sad. :( On a happy note, he gave us a thing of pepper spray, the kind that police officers and navy brats carry around. The really really intense scary kind. Hahaha. I feel awesome carrying it around in my purse. >:)

We had a trade off this week with our sister training leaders!!! That is always super fun because I love getting to know the other sisters. I went with Sister Heckel in her area. I was able to learn a lot from her. We did yoga. It was awesome!!! Much better than running if you ask me! We went out to dinner with a member! We went to a really good sandwich place. There was this creepy, slightly disturbing photo op I could not pass up.
Trade offs are super fun! I enjoyed getting to know Sister Heckel more and she taught me a lot!!

We are teaching Jackie's Mexican boyfriend!!! The only problem is ... I don't speak Spanish. So we ended up showing the Spanish version of the restoration. I tried really hard not to laugh. . . But there is just something about an over dramatic Mexican Joseph Smith that tickles my funny bone. Haha.

So remember how we were going to find a miracle 3. Week baptism?? Well the deadline was Saturday! So Saturday was INSANE!! We spent all day tracting. We skipped lunch and dinner and just tracted all day with Nephi like faith that we would find our miracle investigators !! Guess who found 2 new investigators? WE DID. It was getting down to the last few minutes of our night and we were growing desperate. We finally knocked on this door and this distressed lady with two little boys answered. We simply invited her to church and she said she would absolutely love to come!!! It was the best moment!!!!! She was really excited to find out more. :) So if any of you are wondering if God answers prayers? He does. Saturday was exhausting but very very fulfilling. We talked to so many wonderful people that seemed to cheer us on to find our investigators. It's amazing how The Lord puts little cheerleaders in your path to motivate you to keep going. Whether it be a pretty flower, or a nice person, a cool breeze amidst the hot Florida weather, or a sudden burst of energy.. He truly does deliver you if you put your faith in him. :)

I love The Lord!! I am so grateful to be a tool in his hands to bring about miracles. I truly feel blessed. I feel blessed to know he is helping me change. Which is a flipping miracle because change and I don't get along very well. But he makes up the difference. He never puts anything in my path that he hasn't prepared me for. I know that I've changed. I can't really put my finger on how… Because I still feel like me. Just more of me. :).

Thank you all for your prayers and loves! I love you so much!! I hope
you are having a wonderful day!

Make it a great week! :).
Don't forget to pray!

Love, Sister Chamberlain :)

"There was this creepy, slightly disturbing photo op I could not pass up."









No comments:

Post a Comment