Monday, July 7, 2014

Week 39... Mandarin 1st Ward



Hello everybody!!! :) 

So this week was fairly uneventful because my blessed companion got sick all week long! And we stayed in because she was coughing and snotting everywhere... and it wasn’t too pretty. Haha. So it consisted of her sleeping and I stuck in solitary confinement. That said!! It left a lot of time to study in my scriptures A LOT. So that was awesome :) I learned a lot and had some really cool spiritual experiences! 

When she wasn't sleeping we watched a bunch of really cheesy church videos... hahaha. If you haven't watched them... do it. They are hilarious, and really old. 

We did teach a couple of lessons and we got a baptismal date out of one of them!! It was the greatest!!!! Kassie is golden! We were in the office and she just walks up to us and says "Hey, could we like... Set up a bible study where I can learn about your church?"  We were like... Uhh yeah... we could definitely do that!!! So we did!! And she is really interested in the church and has a baptismal date for the 30th of July. This is such a miracle!!! I haven’t had a baptismal date in so long!!! It's awesome. So the Lord still blessed us in our weakness. :) 

Our 4th of July was awesome!!! President Craig let us all go down to downtown Jacksonville to watch the fireworks and to teach people about the book of Mormon and Jesus Christ! It was amazing!!! We met so many wonderful people there. I am amazed at the people here in the south!!! They are so wonderful!! I am very blessed to be here. :) Heavenly Father has some amazing children. Now... if they would only listen to the amazing message of the gospel............ The fireworks were super cool!! And downtown Jacksonville is fun. We talked to many drunken people and homeless people and Cuban people and all sorts of people. Missions are the grandest of adventures!! 

This week has been very spiritual for me. I've been able to apply the atonement of Jesus Christ in my life more and more and it is amazing. I am so humbled to be His servant! And I am so incredibly lucky to be serving the people here in Jacksonville FL!! 

I love being a missionary SO MUCH. Miracles happen. The heavens are open!! We have so many reasons be happy and joyful. Jesus Christ lives today! The church is true! Repentance is real. :0)

This is a short email, yes. But that’s all I got for y'all this week! I love you bunches!!! Thank you for everything. :) 

Love, Sister Chamberlain 

No comments:

Post a Comment