Thursday, July 17, 2014

Week 40... Mandarin 1st Ward

Greetings from Florida! :)

So I must say this week has been absolutely lovely!! I also must say I don't remember most of it.  Also.. I feel like I say that every week.. Haha.

On Monday we got to have family home evening over at President Craig's home!! It was awesome! We brought Mary, one of our investigators and she really enjoyed it. She made some really good friends there. So while we were there she was telling me that she was going deaf and she didn't have the money to buy hearing aids so she was really sad. I asked her if she believed in miracles and if God could heal her. She said yes. I asked her if she wanted a priesthood blessing and she said yes! So we had President Craig give her a priesthood blessing.  It was super spiritual! President Craig has a softer voice so I was worried she couldn't hear the blessing but afterwards she said "it was like somebody took all the cotton out of my ears. I heard every word of the blessing perfectly". If any of you are wondering if miracles don't happen in these days... You are wrong. Miracles DO happen. :) (refer to Mormon 8 and 9) it was a very very cool experience that I will never forget. The Priesthood is real!! :)

This week there has been a lot of small but significant blessings from The Lord! For example!! I have really wanted to use Facebook effectively and Sister Carlson was teaching a lesson and by golly I wanted to teach a Facebook lesson too!! I said a small prayer and asked Heavenly Father if he could send me people to teach. Within 5 minutes I had 3 people message me and I had lessons with all of them! So legit! So.. If any of you are wondering if Heavenly Father doesn't answer prayers... You're wrong! He DOES answer prayers! :) Prayer is real!!

We have been teaching this wonderful black gentleman who truly has a desire to know if the Book of Mormon is true. Man, I LOVE teaching people like him. He had a really cool experience with the Book of Mormon and with prayer... He felt the spirit really strongly. We told him that was the spirit telling him it was true!! He was so excited to learn how the spirit worked! He said he was excited to continue reading and to recognize the spirit more in his life! SO IN CASE ANY OF YOU ARE WONDERING ABOUT THE SPIRIT.... It's real. It is so incredibly, beautifully real. :)

We taught Kassie this week!! That was awesome. She has been so prepared for the gospel. Her main concern was making sure her family is ready for the second coming. She came to the right place. (Refer to the last paragraph in the introduction to the Book of Mormon) The spirit was really strong! It's such a blessing to be teaching so many prepared amazing people!! One of my favorite things about the gospel... Is that it simply makes sense. Logically, emotionally, mentally, everything makes sense! The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is true!!!! (If you were wondering...) :)

We taught Leslie this week!! It was wonderful. She meets with the Jehovah's witnesses on Wednesdays and she meets with us in Thursday!! Basically what happens is the Jehovah's witnesses give her a bunch of anti and then we discuss it with her! Haha! It's great! Most of our investigators have met with the Jehovah's witnesses before... So interesting... We invited Leslie to be baptized and honestly I thought she was going to say no. So... When a "probably" came out of her mouth I was shocked!!! She has a baptism date for the end of August!!! Wooo :) Faith is real!!!!

Saturday was a crazy day!!! There was a baptism in the morning. 6 people got baptized on Saturday!!! A family of 5 and Tara! It was so incredibly cool to see a whole family get baptized and it was probably one of the most spiritual baptisms I've ever been to. Tara is probably one of my favorite people on this whole planet. She has such a special spirit and she is SO happy all the time!!! I have loved getting to know her more. Whenever I see her I can't help but smiling. Seeing her baptized was such a happy moment for both of us :) I hope one day y'all get to meet her! She is truly a light and I'm so happy she found the gospel!

After the baptism we were invited to go to an eagle court of honor! I had no idea how serious those things were. It was cool! Gave me good insights. The food though... That was the best. :D

Then we had a relief society activity where we celebrated the pioneers! We made butter!! It was awesome! I am so grateful for the pioneers and that they sacrificed so much for us to have the blessings we do now.

Shout out to my Dad!!! It was his birthday!!!!! Happy birthday!!!! :D

Overall, this week was fantastic! So many miracles happened. It's amazing what can happen if you have a little bit of faith. Give The Lord a piece of crust and he will give you back a whole loaf of bread. It's amazing! I love this work! “For this is my life and my light, my joy and my salvation, and my redemption from everlasting wo.” (Alma
26:36)

I hope y'all had a wonderful week!!! I love you so much and I appreciate all the support you’re giving me!

Have a blessed week :)

Lots of ooey, gooey missionary loves,
Sister Chamberlain :)
Eagle Scout Court of Honor


Best sandwich place ever!


Burnt Popcorn

No comments:

Post a Comment