Monday, September 1, 2014

Week 47... Mandarin 1st Ward



Flu bugs and old people


Helllooooo everybody!!! :D

I hope y'all had a blessed week! My week was pretty decent!

On P-day last week we got to go to the museum down town!!! That was super fun!!! We took lots of pics. Which I shall send!

It seems as if Sister Carlson and I have been trading off getting sick. This week I got the flu. Really, really bad. It was awful and I don't recommend it to anyone. That quarantined me to our apartment for about 3 days which was THE WORST. I could barely stand.  Talk about a missionary nightmare. Sister Carlson is an angel and took very good care of me. The ward members also took really good care of me!!!! If you’re going to get sick.... Choose to get sick in the Mandarin 1st ward. They will take care of you. :) The APs asked if I wanted a blessing and of course I said yes. So they brought over their "mobile blessing machine" (that's what they called it... also known as the minivan they drive around) and they gave me a blessing!! It was really nice. :) I love the priesthood!!! Woo!   :)

The only good thing about getting sick is getting to spend a lot of time talking with your companion! Hooray for automatic companionship unity points!!!!

So even though I got sick a lot of really good things happened. :) I've been able to teach a lot of lessons on Facebook! Facebook is such a blessing! I love being a Facebook missionary. I'm currently teaching someone in Nigeria. Crazy, right? I love it.

We were able to teach one of our investigators about eternal marriage and the plan of salvation!! I love teaching that lesson. It's one of my favorites. She is LDS... She just doesn't know it yet. I love her and her husband so much!! They are going out if town for two weeks... Which stinks, a lot. But I'm praying that when they come back they will still be open!

We started teaching someone in the laundry room of our apartment. That was awesome!!' And when I was sick we got to teach him over text!! 1848478 POINTS FOR TECHNOLOGY!!!!!

We are visiting thee cutest old lady named Jean. She's about a million years old and very British. She reminds me of Golem off of LOTR... But Sister Carlson thinks I'm crazy. She is so nice!!! I love going to the old folks to help out. I just love old people, in general. Maybe that's why Heavenly Father sends all the old people to me.

One of our investigators decided to move back to Wisconsin! That was sad because I love her .... And I'll miss her dearly... But we will continue to teach her via Facebook!! And again!!! Let's give it up for FACEBOOK MISSIONARY WORK WOOOOHOOOHOOOO!!!!! I encourage all of you to look up Elder Bednar’s education week message on "sharing goodness" online. It's amazing!!!!

This week I've learned really how much missionary work makes me happy. Not just the being a missionary part. That's fun... But it's the WORK part. Being stuck in bed for a couple of days really help you appreciate the work you do as a missionary. There truly is no substitute! When I started feeling better and could go out and work I was ecstatic!!!! I almost cried!! Missionary work is truly beautiful! I'm thankful I get to do this. It has been the biggest blessing to me.

I know this church is true with my whole heart. I know that because it simply makes me happy. The feelings I get when I'm living the gospel to the fullest are unlike any other feelings this world can offer. Peace and joy! Sounds cliché until you start to live it and start to feel it... And then you get it. And then you start to realize that everything the prophets, your parents, your teachers and friends have been saying is true!! It’s so good. I love the gospel.

Well, that's all I got for you this week!! I hope y'all have a fantastic week full of many blessings and smiles. :) I love y'all!! :)

Love,

Sister Chamberlain :)







 

No comments:

Post a Comment