Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Week 48... Mandarin 1st Ward



Hello everybody!!  :))

My week was marvelous!!  A lot of great things happened but I don’t have a lot of time to write about all of them!!! Hooray!! :D

Well we ate dinner with a member and she invited her nonmember fiance and she failed to mention that her fiance wasn't a member. Awkward. We figured it out about half way through our dinner appointment and then we started to teach him! It was such a blessing! He says he is really thinking about being baptized. But only in Utah.. Haha. It's funny... Recent converts think of Utah as the Promised Land. They all want to go there. It's pretty funny. :)

David the investigator we met in the laundry room accepted a copy of the Book of Mormon and was pretty excited to read it!! We almost got him to come to church!! We might give him to the elders or the Y.S.A. because everything that comes out of his mouth is packed full of all the flirts. . . . Hopefully that's not the only reason we were able to give him a Book of Mormon. Haha

I'm continuing to teach people on Facebook!!! It's great!! I love it! I'm teaching my investigator in JAX beach! Natalie!! Hooray!! She is making wonderful progress!

I went on a tradeoff this week and experienced all of the miracles!!!! It was so great!! We marched around with a giant picture of Jesus and invited people to learn more about prophets and the restored gospel!! At first it was a l’il awkward because people would open the door see the picture of Jesus and say "I'm not interested" and shut the door. But did that discourage me? No! We trekked on. We came upon a door and a man answered and said, "hey! That's the senator!!" He laughed and invited us in. I was shocked! It is so rare that people actually let us in! Well, we started talking about how families can be together forever and he started telling us how he lost his when he was 6 1/2 and he started crying and the spirit was so strong!!! It was beautiful to be able to bear my testimony to him that families can be together forever. We invited him to read the Book of Mormon and he said he would and he is really excited to! It was such a miracle!!! All because that picture of Jesus! Yay!

We had a lot more experiences with the spirit softening people’s hearts. It's one of the coolest things to see. This particular instant his name was Tom!! At first he was really grumpy because he was making bullets.. But we read to him the part of the Title of Liberty and he loved it! And wanted to read the rest of the Book of Mormon! Wow!! So cool.

And then we were about to go home but the spirit inspired us to knock one more house and so we did and it turns out that this lady had taken the discussions 15 years ago and got scared off by anti! We cleared everything up and she said she wants to start taking the discussions!!! SO MANY MIRACLES!!! It's been amazing!!!! :)

It rained a lot this week and it was great because I felt super hard core biking in it. The end.

I ate ratatouille!! It was AWESOME.

And that was the majority of my week!! It was great!! Sister Carlson got her death papers.... Which is super sad. Next week is transfers which means P-day is on Tuesday. I'm pretty sure I'm going to be staying here for another transfer, which I'm okay with, I love it here! That'll make it 7 1/2 months in this area! Crazy!!

Well, I sure do love you lots!!! Thank you for everything!!

Remember that there is so much power in the Book of Mormon!!!! Read it every day and you will become ridiculously happy. Yep. It is as simple as that.  :)

Have a blessed week!
Love,
Sister Chamberlain :)

No comments:

Post a Comment