Monday, January 12, 2015

Week 66... Lake Butler



Mud bogging and miracles!

Hey ya’ll!!

This week was fantastic!!! ONCE AGAIN I don't have time to email my life story but I will do my best.

This week Sister Donohue and I had a goal of finding 10 new people to teach the gospel to!! We were averaging about 1 or 2... That seemed to be the norm in this l'il town but we decided that we were finished and done with colorless dreams and tame visions we wanted to go big!! So we chose ten and worked our tails off to find 10 children of our Heavenly Father to teach. By Thursday we had 0 new investigators and things didn't look too swell. Did we let that get us down?! NO! We prayed more and kept working. I remember we felt impressed to go clear out of our in our area.. (Which we don't do often because of the mileage restriction) to contact a potential and they weren't home and it was sorta discouraging. Well, we get back in the car and receive a media referral from salt lake! We go to the house and inside is one member and 4 non-members!! WHAAAAA?! Over the course of the next 3 days the Lord just poured his blessings down upon us. We had a member referral turn into a gator we cleaned someone's windows and they turned into an investigator and people were just coming out of the wood works!! The D family who we are teaching had another son move in from Texas!! It was so incredible!! Prayer works! It's for real!! I am so grateful that the Lord has trusted me with these people. I love Lake Butler!!! It is the Promised Land. :)

We had zone meeting this week which went great! It had a wonderful energetic spirit! I love training the missionaries and helping them get pumped up for missionary work!!

Today we went mud boggin’!!! It was SO much fun!! It was pouring rain and we just adventured through the jungles of Florida. It was beautiful!! Pictures to come. :) I caught a chicken!! That was exciting!

I have to brag about my companion for a l'il bit.. Sister D is thee most selfless person I've ever met!!! We ran into a family who had no food because they had just moved in and Sister D when we got home just starts emptying our cabinets and sticking it in boxes and she says we are going to give it to them! I was dumbfounded!! And so humbled by her example!! We packed up some food for them and dropped it off. Service is so good. I love giving!! I think that is the biggest thing she has taught me. :) I love her so much!!

I've been a bit funny this week because it's been so rainy and the sun hasn't been out. Sister Chamberlain needs her sunlight. Well, I prayed for the sun to shine today and it rained super hard all day and was yucky and gray. Well, I just went outside and guess what I saw, a beautiful sunset!!. God is real and does answer prayers! He also happens to be an amazing artist. :)  I love ya’ll so much. Keep praying and asking the Lord for direction and he will give it to you!

Keep shining!

Love,
Sister Chamberlain :)




No comments:

Post a Comment