Monday, May 5, 2014

Week 28.. Mandarin 1st Ward



Easter week! This is Sister Pasko’s email home because I didn't have time to write mine!! Happy Easter! :)


So I don't have a whole ton of time to write, so this will be speedy!

I had some of the greatest experiences this week! We have been trying
to share the video called because of him, and so that was our door
approach for a couple days. We asked one fellow who was driving around
dropping off stuff for the Red Cross if you wanted to watch the video,
and he turned us down saying he didn't have the two minutes and 44
seconds that it took to watch it. We tracted around to a few other
houses, and he totally came back! He said his name was Bob and that it
was very unchristian of him to turn down a video about Jesus Christ.
So we showed it to him! He cried and cried and shared his testimony
with us, and talked about how he wished everyone could just be
believers in Christ and not differentiated by religion. He's totally
preparing to get baptized.

We also had a lesson with the Sczcepaniks! Sister Sczcepaniks husband
stayed for the whole thing, and she thinks it's because his heart is
touched by sisters. I think it's because he is ready to know the truth
finally! So that was lovely.

Kym....she is so amazing. We taught her a couple lessons this week,
and it's been going well. Then Paul left for the Easter weekend. She
was secretly sad to be alone for Easter so we stopped by that night,
hoping to share something with her, and all those barriers came down.
All of them. And she told us to our faces that she loves us, and I
almost cried. I know that she will make the right decision when the
time comes, and I feel so special to have met her. She is amazing, and
she has come so far in her life!

The Craven boys....Alex is still a spaz, but his brother is super
serious about it, which made them both listen when we taught the plan
of salvation. Look at what Alex Facebook messaged me on Friday:  "you
both have really brightened my mind I want to follow the way of the
lord and to know that you both still have doubts but still know your
place and where you’re going after this life is amazing. I read your
pamphlet this time ALL OF IT. and I got scared cuz I read this one
part and it almost made me disbelieve again but as soon as that
thought crossed my mind my eyes gazed across the page I was on and it
said "be careful because satan will try to make you ignore and doubt
the lord" and it scared me terribly and i will turn my life around and
follow the lords wishes in every movement i can right now and all i
can say right now is thank you so much for enlightening
me".......AHHHHHHHHHH! 

I love the gospel!!! The church is true!!!!
Ron totally read all of 1st Nephi is 2 days aims researched Mormon.org
like crazy and has had almost all the lessons....then he asked for a
break, and he wants to just talk on Facebook.....sad day.
And that was the highlights of our week! Watch Handel's Messiah, it's lovely :p

No comments:

Post a Comment