Monday, November 3, 2014

Week 56... Lake Butler

I found Zion!

Hey ya’ll!!

This week has been absolutely crazy amazin.

I. Love. Lake. Butler. So. Much.

There is just so much love going on right now that I don't know how I'm adequately supposed to express to you in words how much I love this place!

We drive into the lil quaint town of Lake Butler and I get emotional because the spirit was so strongly confirming that I needed to be here and that I had a purpose in Lake Butler.

Lake Butler is a tiny town where everybody knows each other and everybody is related in one way or another. The ward is literally one big family. It is thee coolest thing. We call people sister or brother (insert first name here) The spirit they have in this l’il town is incredible. So loving and full of service!! The people here are the kindest most charitable folk I have ever met in my life. True story. They are all so nice!! And the best thing about it is that everyone is sincere. They love you for who you are. They know when you are being fake or putting up walls... And they will tell you what they think ‘bout that. Haha. But it's so great!!!! They are going through some of the roughest trials I have ever seen but their faith is unshaken. There is this woman who is dying from a weird disease.. She is 36 and has a beautiful family. We went to see her and she was smiling and laughing like nothing was wrong!! Holy cow did that strengthen my faith and put into perspective what enduring to the end truly means. The ward is so nice and I just am really happy. The bishop is awesome. He is the biggest red neck I've ever seen. Hahaha. I love it! The first thing I heard him say "Life's like a hill.. Ya either crawl under it or ya git over it." He makes up words like "geet" for "did you eat" or “yonto” for do you want to. Hahaha. Love it!!!!

I've never felt so loved on my mission by a group a folks like this! They are bursting at the seams with love!! I DON'T UNDERSTAND IT’S SO GREAT. I'm waiting for the city to be translated.

ANYWHOOO. So I love it here. I'm very very, very blessed. So blessed. I don't understand why ... But I'll take it. :)

The missionary work here is very different. The town is small ... There aren't a lot of people to talk to and tracting has been outlawed by our ward mission leader. We are working purely with members, less actives, and their non-members friends. The great part is that the members are the ones doing the finding!!! We just teach! It's amazin!

The members are on fire! This transfer we have a goal of 5 baptisms and we have amazin’ Gators so it's going to take a lot of hard work and prayers but I know we will be seein’ miracles here soon. We are doing family mission plans based on the book "The Power of Everyday Missionaries" and I'm very excited to get those runnin’.

We had the trunk or treat this week! It was at a ward members home! ..err.. Farm. It was so fun. Like a big family party. There was a hay ride and lots of chili. And it was FREEZING. Yay for bipolar Florida. Haha. Oh.. I've had to start learning how to say "yes ma'am and yes sir" ... It's so fun!!!

I've always wanted to live in a tiny farm town where everyone knows each other and where there are cows and bunnies bouncin’ round... It's beautiful. I don't know if I'm going to be able to leave. Haha.

We did service at the library and at the Methodist church! There are wonderful opportunities for service here and the community loves it.

Overall, I am just so humbled that Heavenly Father sent me here. At first I thought, Well…  I'm going to change Lake Butler!! So far the only one that has been changin’ is me.

This week will be great! We have zone conference and fun stuff planned. :)

Oh by the way... This area is going to make me incredibly obese. Southerners can cook. Real good. Too good. *drool*

Oh and I love my companion!!! Blessings!!!!!! :D

Stay tuned for next week’s adventures. :) I love ya’ll so much. Take care and keep smiling. :)

Love,
Sister Chamberlain :)


Sisters Chamberlain and Donohue

Who'da thunk it... Heaven is a Trailer home in Lake Butler, Florida!


No comments:

Post a Comment