Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Week 58... Lake Butler



Hey y’all!!

This week was fantastic! The more I'm in Lake Butler the more I fall in love with it. :)

Monday I went on my first trade-off with another sister as a sister training leader. It went interesting.. I stayed in Lake Butler and Sister Donahue went to the others sisters area. Soo.. That was interesting because I didn't have a GPS and driving in the country is really confusing. I may or may not have driven into a ditch.. *cough* BUT EVERYTHING IS OKAY. We just lost a couple car parts.. Hahaha.

We had a tornado today in our ward boundaries!!! I didn't get to see it. But it was just a wee lil one. Only took down 10 trees! Pretty crazy!

This week we got to paint a nursery for one of the members! That was super fun. She is doing a Dr. Seuss theme so her room was red and white stripes and blue. A pain to paint but it looked awesome at the end!!

Reasons why this ward is incredible: Brooke one of the members and she comes up to us and says "hey my friend has been reading the Book of Mormon and he really wants to get baptized"

Wow! The Lord is so good to us. I know he is preparing people to receive his gospel. I love the scripture in Alma 13:27 which says that angels are preparing men to receive the word. The longer I am out on my mission the more I see that is true. :)

The work out here is a lot different than it is in the city. It moves a lot slower. Which is very fantastic but it also gives me room to work on my patience. Haha.

I love my companion so much!!! Sister D is so great! She is an angel! We have a lot of fun together. :)

We are teaching this adorable old lady named Wanda. She is thee sassiest old lady I have ever met. But she is so funny!! It was hilarious.. We were just sitting on her front porch reading from the Book of Mormon about how Jesus Christ came to the Americas and the Nephites were feeling the prints in his hands and in his feet and she stops and says "I just can't believe how people don't believe in Him. He loved us so much!" And then we continued to talk about how wonderful the atonement is and all the sudden out of nowhere Wanda said " I think I just need to go streaking. I've always wanted to."

.....

Sister Donahue just sorta sat there in utter confusion and tried really really hard not to laugh. It was SO random. And hilarious. She is crazy. But I love her to death. We were able to set a baptismal date with her for the 21st of December! Such a miracle. It's so cool to see how the spirit works with people and softens their heart to the truth. :)

Every Saturday we play volleyball with all the people that we are teaching and that is so incredibly fun!!! Turns out I'm not too bad at volleyball. I destroy them all. *mental image of Sister Chamberlain flailing her arms around try to hit the volleyball* hahaha.

Half the city of Lake Butler invited us to Thanksgiving dinner.. Haha... So we will be well fed. :)

Not too much happened this week but it was still good. I'm still getting used to my calling as a sister training leader but I know that will come with time and lots of patience. (Yay more patience tests!)

I love y’all so much!!! Thank you for your support and for your prayers. It really means the world to me and I can feel them.

I'm so thankful for the gospel. I am eternally grateful for the prophet Joseph Smith for being strong enough to resist the persecution around him. It certainly makes me want to follow in his example! Above all, I am so grateful for my savior and redeemer Jesus Christ. It is through Him that I've been able to change my heart and my desires. I know that every day I can work on becoming better and better. It is because of Him I know I will be resurrected and be able to live with my family for eternity! I am grateful that I get to help other families be together for eternity.  There is no greater blessing!!! I love the gospel so much! It is perfect in every form. There is nothing else on the planet that can offer the peace and joy that this gospel brings. It's so simple. I love it :)

Talk to you next week!!! Until then.. Stay classy :)

Love, Sister Chamberlain :)

I love the older people!


One stroke painting (look it up)


No comments:

Post a Comment