Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Week 69... Lake Butler



It's finally February!

Hello everyone!!! :)

It's finally February! I love February!! It's the best!

So this week was pretty awesome!! On Tuesday we went and tried to visit this ancient woman who had gone inactive since she married her husband. And we ended up talking to her husband for a long time!! He was really.. Southern and called us Yankees. That's not the first time I’ve been called that. Haha apparently that's a thing? Northerners are called Yankees. People still use the confederate flag down here. Haha. It's different!!! I love the culture though. I love it SO much. So this old man was probably 1000 years old and he asked us if he we wanted some "greens". Well, we said sure, not really understanding what "greens" were. (Green crayons?) and so he hobbled out to his back yard to his giant garden and started filling grocery bag after grocery bag of these "greens" they ended up being collard greens and he gave us SO MUCH. It was really nice of him. He was really funny.. He just made Yankee jokes at us the whole time. Example:

Mr. V - Do you know what these are?

Me- "uhh... Weeds..."

Mr V- of course you don't know what these are ... Cause you are a
YANKEE HEHEHE"

Mr V - you Yankees don't know how to cook.. Weeds.. Pff

It was pretty comical. That said. I love these southern people more than I've ever loved anybody in my whole life. Haha. They are so...  Authentic. Genuine. Real. Humble. Courteous! Southern hospitality is a thing. That was awesome!!!

SOOO GUESS WHO GOT BAPTIZED?!

Thomas!!!!! That was definitely the best day of my life!!!!

It was such a spiritual experience. He was so elect and it was amazing to see the spirit change him. After he got baptized he was bearing his testimony about the Savior and he just broke down in tears in so much gratitude. It was so humbling to me to see that I had helped him come unto Christ. Being a missionary truly is thee best thing I've ever done with my life. I was so proud of him!!! The spirit was so strong and I am SO thankful that the priesthood has been restored to earth again so that we can be baptized. It's the greatest blessing! He got the gift of the Holy Ghost soon after and that was just as touching.

We finally taught the D family!! Well, we taught the mom. And it was probably the most spiritual restoration lesson I've ever taught. It was SO powerful. Teaching the restoration is my favorite. It was so sweet, we told her there was a prophet on the earth today because God loves us just as much as he loved the people in the Old Testament and he hasn't left us alone to figure out things for our self and she was SO excited!! She started crying and the spirit was so powerful. She said we could come back and teach her 4 boys and husband. God is so good!!!! I love the restoration!! I am so thankful for a loving Heavenly Father who saw fit to give us the fullness of the gospel so we could enjoy the blessings of the Book of Mormon and the temple. :) We are working on setting a baptism date with them this coming up week! Please, please, please, pray for them!!!

What else happened... Hm... Uhh... I got the flu!! Again. That was... Super lame. I feel like I'm dying. My body is like.. Shutting down. Haha. Yay for the enabling power of the atonement!!!

What else happened...

Oh! MLC (mission leadership council) happened! That was amazing!!! There was an incredible training given on humility and I realized how prideful I am!! Yay for repentance!! Haha. But really... I am so thankful for the opportunity to become better every single day. And the fact that I don't have to live with my weaknesses forever is enough to make me do the happy dance every moment of my life. Humility is choosing to be okay with being yourself by not thinking about yourself and just using the talents God has given you to serve others!!! So good. The church is true. The sky is blue and I love all of YOU!

Haha!! I love being a missionary!!! Weeee!!! :D 

Love, Sister Chamberlain   :)


Hooray for New Members


Weeds d.b.a. Collard greens!




No comments:

Post a Comment