Monday, February 23, 2015

Week 72... Lake Butler



Hey Y’all!!

This week was an awesome week! It was full of a bunch of unexpected service opportunities!! Wooo!! One of the reasons I love Lake Butler so much is that we get ourselves into the most random situations. It's so awesome!!

So we were trying to visit a less active and we walk up and her brother is standing outside and I suppose the less active lady wasn't letting anyone inside or talking to anyone for like..2-3 weeks. So the brother asked us if we could catch her bunnies and chickens that had escaped. Well, we did. I am so pro at catching chickens now. I wish I had a video.. It was pretty comical. But we did it!! We fed all her bunnies and chickens and it was just a lovely time. Later in the week she got admitted into the hospital and we got to clean her house!!! We found a frog in the pond. Sister D dared me to kiss
it. So I did!! It. Was. Nasty. I sanitized my lips about 4 times after that.  No, it didn't turn into a prince. But that's because I'm a missionary. If I wasn't .... It definitely would've been a prince. So that was toadally awesome. Hahaha. Get it?

ANYWHO.

We helped this lady jump her car!! That was neat! She also said we could come back and teach her about the restored gospel! That was even neater!!

So we are teaching this lady who floors me with how elect she is every time we go over there. She is so awesome!! She is black! Which would be awesome if we could baptize her because we have 0 black people in our Ward. Well, except for Clarence. But he is blind and doesn't know he's the only black person. Haha. Lake Butler is still stuck in the 1960s where segregation is still a thing. I want our church to be the first segregated church in Lake Butler!!! Anywho, I love her. She loves what we have to teach her and the spirit is always so thick when we teach her!! I love teaching people!!!

OH… THE D FAMILY FINALLY CAME TO CHURCH. That was the best day ever. It was so awesome to see all 4 of the boys with a Book of Mormon in their hands sitting in church. Oh my heart can't even handle the happiness I wanted to shout for joy and do a happy dance when they walked in. They had a good time!! They said it was similar to meetings they had been to but this church was so much more welcoming and family friendly! Reason #8492 I love the church. So that was a huge miracle!

Elder Zwick and Elder Hemmingway came to our mission to train us on
our iPad usage. We are the very first mission in the whole world to have this training. They are rebooting the Facebook thing and it will take a while for the trainings to go out so I won't be on Facebook as a missionary any longer. I will be home by the time it is good to go. I love Elder Zwick so much. I had some really special experiences with the spirit that day. Elder Zwick has such a powerful testimony and the love he has for the savior and for all of us just radiates off of him. I am SO blessed to be in this mission where all of these exciting things are happening with social media and iPads and technology and yeah! So very, very blessed. The trainings were very uplifting. I felt so close to my Heavenly Father and my Savior during them and I could feel the trust they had for me.. And it was just amazing. It strengthened my testimony of the Savior about tenfold. :)

That's about all I can remember this week... It was a very uplifting week!! Many miracles happened and we were in the right place at the right time. I LOVE when that happens!!! God is so good. :)

My next P-day is a Tuesday because of transfers. My last transfer. I can't even believe how fast time has gone. Anywho, I love y’all to the moon and back. Thanks for everything. :)

Love Sister Chamberlain :)

P.s. Me smooching a nasty, slimy frog.
And me and my MTC companion Sister W. I love her!








3 comments: